Tuesday, January 31, 2006
“Wanna come along?”
I just go, “Ya Ya Whatever…” I had blogged some time back about soul killers and I’ve begun to realise that they’re so good for the human race. They make people more ruthless, more tough. You can look back and say…
Unfortunately, that is not true at all and though I may be shapeless with lumpy like a piece of coral, I am as hard as coral too and any attempt to mould will probably break me and them I wouldn’t be me at all!
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Do we get to go interview celebs? Yup. And for our pains, we get our illusions stripped as the celebs turn out to be less interesting and more prone to tantrums than the neighborhood child.
Friday, January 27, 2006
The real reason I spanked him was because I was so afraid that if he doesn’t meet the academic bar of his school, I might have to find another for him next year.
I spanked him because I was so afraid that a TC at kindergarten would mean a black mark that will follow him his entire academic career.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Mass media is a means of transmitting communication from one to many using an electronic or mechanical channel. Edmund Carpenter suggests that all languages are mass media – they are tools for communication (one-to-one and one-to-many). He extends his theory to include the inverse – all mass media are languages. Thus, in his opinion, new media like film, radio and television are new languages.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
What do I gain by talking, by debating on the worthlessness of men, the clever things that Ken does, the incidents of the world around me. What does one drop in the ocean matter more than another. A listlessness settles down over me.
Monday, January 23, 2006
1. Jeff Goldblum (so I can just melt in his presence)
2. Jerry Seinfeld (Awesome sense of humor)
3. Colin Firth (Looks good enough to eat in period costume)
4. Rupert Grint (Ronald Weasley - I've a feeling about him.. a good feeling)
5. Laurie Adams (An amazingly beautiful friend of mine - I know she'll enjoy this company)
6. Natalie Arsenault (Another friend with such an amazing sense of humour. Between her and Jerry, they'll keep the table in splits)
As a serious conscientious opposer of spam in any form, I shall play spoilsport and not join the game. I completely refuse to ask people such depressing questions such as “What should your perfect lover be like?” It smells too like an online dating site to me.
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Right now, I am reading Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome and enjoying it hugely. I also found a lovely not-so-little book called The World's Best Loved Animal Tales, and it is such a nice collection of bedtime stories, (though I read them after and before bedtime). Perhaps I am too old to be reading bedtime stories about talking animals but, when I was a child I barely owned any books worth their name.
Saturday, January 21, 2006
I love my books almost as much as I love Kevin and for that reason, Kevin regards them with deep suspicion and dislike. When he was less than three everytime I was on the phone or when I was busy he would take the opportunity shift my books from their rightful heritage of the bookshelf and rearrange them on the floor.
Friday, January 20, 2006
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
- First, I need space to myself every day… So despite my exuberance, I am not always bubbling over… I sometimes just want to curl up and read… My high spirits tire me out sometimes and then I need to rest, during which time I usually lie down and read or I sleep… Then I am ready for some more fun…
- I wake up only be 7:30 or 8:00 in the morning… So I’m a bit of a sleepy-head… I don’t mind staying up late… In fact I love talking through the night and do that often when my cousins stay over…
- I love watching old Tamil films and love happy films…(including Rajini’s latter films)
- I do not read or listen to news… esp war news and celebrity news
- I love spicy food…
- I am not always as empathetic and polite… especially at home… with those I love… (That is a serious flaw, which I am trying to rectify…)
- I am not disciplined… The 11th hour is the time I work best…
- My cupboard is often messy…
- I eat at unorthodox hours…
- My head is filled with just enough knowledge as is necessary for work, home and some socializing… It’s not a deep or strong knowledge about “important intellectual things”…
- I don’t lie well…
- I can’t keep my own secrets much… Other people’s secrets are easy to keep…
Monday, January 16, 2006
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Saturday, January 14, 2006
Friday, January 13, 2006
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Skirting Sympathy: The Indian Girl who went up the journalistic ladder and came down the supermall stairs
December 11, 2003: When Nikhil (my boss) told me that I had to accompany the photographer to supervise a photo shoot at a supermall, I expected the assignment to be exciting. This was the coolest mall in town. And I always visualised photographers as long haired, stubble-cheeked, artistic-looking young men.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Monday, January 09, 2006
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Saturday, January 07, 2006
Friday, January 06, 2006
It would be cute to see my 4-year-old niece promising undying friendship with her 3-year old neighbor. Call me sexist, but I would find this behaviour strange in my 4 year old son. He just goes and hold out a cream biscuit from his snack box and he and his bench-mate have this unspoken pact of friendship. Sometimes it’s slightly more bizarre where they fight over this self same chocolate biscuit and viola! Next day they’re pals. I can say for him that at 4, his social skills are so well developed that he would never go around verbally proposing friendship as he would a marriage.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Monday, January 02, 2006
I start this year with a pretty packed To-Do list. Gayathri and I have a pact to gym every day for at least half an hour. Also morning walks are in order – another pact, with Aswathi this time. We have promised that by the end of the year we shall be slim and hot girls. For now, we are content to be cool….
I also plan to join either watercolor classes or piano with Kevin. Will give me something interesting to do and also make sure I spend some time doing something together. I still have to locate a course.
Also on the cards is to improve my spiritual life, track my finances better, give 100% to my job (now that the personal front is in better order now.) My big ticket items for the year are a trip to somewhere special and possibly a house. Let’s see how may of these get fulfilled.
The relaxed atmosphere of yesterday really helped today. I began my first morning walk ion 5-6 years. And work went amazingly well. I also bought a bookshelf and a bureau. Here’s to 2006!